The School of Public Policy is deeply integrated into the Calgary, Alberta, and Canadian policy communities. MPP students are offered frequent opportunities to hear from policy leaders, engage at networking events, and work closely with community partners.
The School of Public Policy offers a unique Speakers Series which brings in policy leaders from the public and private sector to speak with graduate students about the issues they are working on, as well as their own career development.
In the past, the speaker series has included the following speakers:
- Marcia Nelson, Former Deputy Minister of Executive Council of the Government of Alberta
- Gitane De Silva, CEO Canada Energy Regulator
- Chima Nkemdirim, Vice President, Government Relations, Shaw Communications
- Parliamentary Budget Officer, Yves Giroux
- Garret Smith, Indigenous Activist
- Dr. Malinda Smith, Vice-Provost (Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion), University of Calgary
- Carole Saab, CEO, Federation of Canadian Municipalities
- Celina Caesar-Chavannes, Author & former member of parliament